Formed in 1964, the Minnesota Concrete & Mason Contractors Association is a nonprofit trade association comprised of over one hundred concrete and masonry contractors and related companies doing business in Minnesota. Our objectives are to:
- Develop and stimulate business opportunities
- Create public awareness of the advantages of industry products and services
- Promote masonry and concrete to design professionals
- Coordinate efforts to improve conditions within industry
- Promote and encourage cooperation with other affiliated trade associations
- Represent contractor member interests in collective bargaining
Our association is made up of the state's finest producers and installers of quality concrete and masonry work. Our members offer the expertise and top-shelf craftsmanship to construct anything from a convenience store remodeling project to a 60 story high-rise.
Masonry Code of Ethics
- Strive for the utmost in performance.
- Participate in none but honest enterprise.
- Deal justly and fairly with employees and suppliers of material.
- Share the benefits of knowledge and experience with fellow members.
- Encourage the use of sound masonry construction.
- Endeavor to develop and maintain within the masonry industry a high appreciation of the objectives and responsibilities of the Mason Contractors Association of America.
- Whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do you even so to them.
- To practice this golden rule.
- To make it pay dividends, both material and spiritual.
- To bridge with it the chasm between employer and employee.
- To build upon it a better and nobler citizenship.
Creed of a Concrete Person
Concrete is my business. My future welfare and the will-being of my family depend on the quality of the work I do. I have chosen concrete out of all the construction materials of the earth as the one in which to specialize. I have done this because I feel that concrete is a material of integrity. Mixed and placed with understanding hands, concrete will not fail. Therefore, the work I do well now will survive and serve long after I am gone. Concrete walls impound billions of gallons of water for relief of a thirsty desert, or hold safe from spoilage and rodents millions of bushels of life-giving grain. Concrete bridges the broadest rivers and holds back devouring floods from cities and towns. Concrete towers rear their proud heads toward the blue. Concrete shafts and tunnels pierce the black depths of the earth or penetrate beneath the waters. Concrete builds a safe pathway for the darting miracles of steel, Chromium and glass which link our cities and towns. For my customers a concrete home will protect
and safeguard their loved ones from the dragons of fire or the rending violence of storms day and night, in all seasons, in all climates. Concrete is strong. For the architects whom I serve, concrete is a design medium with which they can create structures of beauty and charm, of rare delicacy and sturdy utility. Future generations will enjoy the things we of today have wrought of concrete for it is a material of integrity and will endure. Because I respect and love this material, I can serve my country, my community and those to come after me by doing my work intelligently and honestly, thus creating useful things that endure. Concrete is my business. I am proud of it.